Saturday, March 14, 2009

March 11th

Easy Pre-workout Breakfast
  • 1/2 cup Greek Total Zero Yogurt (The Carmel Mountain Costco now carries a big container of the Fage Greek Total Zero Yogurt!!!!)
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • 43g banana
Post-workout Breakfast (all this for 281 calories)
Complete breakfast and a great way to get in vegetables early in the day.  
  • 1/2 orange
  • tomato basil la tortilla
  • 1 cup spring mix w/ roasted tomato salsa on top
  • 1 egg + 1/4 cup egg whites 
  • 1 cup spinach/kale/basil
  • garlic 
  • 1/4 cup red pepper
  • 1/2 spray olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon cottage cheese 
  • Breakfast Fruit and Nut Cookie  123.2 calories (I made from the Eat Clean Cookbook- it is like a scone- I will have it as one of the recipes of the week for the newsletter) 
  • 1/2 medifast w/ 1 cup black coffee
Snack
  • apple w/ cinnamon
  • tru choc
  • 1 cup cherrios w/ peanut butter chips, 1/3 cup puffins w/ 7 raw almonds
Snack- while I made tortilla soup
Spicy Soy and Flax Chips w/ Roasted tomato salsa (145 cal) 
This is everything that went into the tortilla soup- recipe from the vita-mix blender cookbook
I love that it is literally full of vegetables!!!  The recipe doesn't call for spinach and kale I just added that in.  
So easy to make I just throw everything into the vita-mix blender
only 104 calories per cup
Dinner
easy salad with spring mix and italian dressing
Jicama sticks w/ homemade guacamole (72.5 calories) 
I got this idea from the Great News Cooking Class- It is a good way to get in more vegetables.  Next time I will try adding in Greek Yogurt, or edename to make it a complete meal with protein, fiber, water, and healthy fat.  
  • 1.5 oz avocado
  • red onion 
  • garlic
  • lime 

Tortilla Soup w/ soy n flax chips on top
the soup is not supposed to be green- it just turned green because I added kale and spinach
I know it doesn't look as appetizing green, but it really does taste just as good and I feel like I'm eating even healthier since it is green.  With the Vita-Mix blender I'm able to preserve so much of the enzymes and nutrients in the vegetables that typically get destroyed through the cooking process.  Worth every penny!  However, if you do not have the Vita-Mix blender I'm sure you could just put it in a food processor and heat it on the stove.  
I did not plan on eating this in my car.  I made this in the afternoon to have for dinner, but ended up going to visit a friend in the hospital.  Luckily, I already had this made and just threw it in my cooler.  

No comments:

Post a Comment