Thursday, April 9, 2009

Protein Shakes Made Easy

I like to make protein shake bags that are ready to just be added to the Vitamix.
If my bananas are starting to brown I will throw them into the freezer to add to my shakes, which is nice because they make the smoothie a thicker consistency.
I will also freeze my fresh berries before they go bad, or I also like to always have frozen berries on had as well.
Having my mixed fruit already measured and ready to add makes it easy when I'm rushing to get out the door.

I like to mix up what I put in my smoothies, but I love the Jay Robb protein powder and unsweetened Almond Milk (Almond Breeze Brand).

I like to make the shakes and pour them into a large shaker cup to put in my cooler.

During the two week break in between classes I like to attend other classes to scout out potential instructors, get new ideas, and see what I can add to class. I went to the Pacific Athletic Club, which I just love!!!
They have such great water with lemons. I took and extra cup to pour 1/2 of my shake into and saved 1/2 for later. Sometimes I will make a larger shake like these and split it up to have a small amount before my workout and finish it post-workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment