Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sweet Potato Breakfast


Before eating I like to start my day w/ hot lemon water & 1 tablespoon of Greens + mixed w/ 8oz water

Sweet Potato Breakfast
  • 1 cup peeled & cubed sweet potato
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 tsp agave nectar
  • cinnamon
I cooked the sweet potato w/ almond milk on the stove till they softened and then threw it into the vitamix blender to mix, added the agave and Cinnamon on top.
Loved it!!!
Needed to mix up my breakfast with something new and it was really good.

1/2 grapefruit
2 egg whites w/ pepper

The Larabars are so good. I just tried the lemon one yesterday and it was great!
I like to stock up on the bars I like when they go on sale.
Larabars are on sale at Ralph's.

Kidz cliff bar- tastes like a cookie to me.

Lunch
My Optimal Nutrition Meal - Mediterranean Tofu 295 calories
Just put in the oven for ~8 min and it's done.

Snack-
Organic Gala Apples from Whole Foods are so good.

Snack
Mixed raw vegetables (celery, carrots, zucchini, broccoli, cucumber)
1/2 cup Fage Greek Total Zero yogurt w/ 1 tsp simply organic dill seasoning

I made this last night, so it was easy to just throw in my cooler for today.

Dinner
  • Mixed Greens, tomato, 1 oz avocado, 1 tablespoon italian dressing
  • 3.75 oz Tortilla Crusted Tilapia (fm Costco- really good)

Dessert
I had some Bear Naked Granola. Patty got me the Heavenly Chocolate Bear Naked Granola that my husband loves and I had a hard time finding. Thanks!


Sample
I came home from work and Dan was eating these Rice Thins, so I sampled a few to see how they are. I liked them. I brought the Tamari Seaweed ones for me, which are also great and the Cheddar for him. I found them at Henry's.


Dessert #2
Frozen yogurt date w/ Dan. Dan said he wanted to hang out and talk, go somewhere for a nice dinner, get frozen yogurt, or go and do something. I thought this was because he got the letter saying he got into the Kona Ironman, but I was wrong- he just wanted to spend time together. I feel so bad I just got his hopes up. We should find out by April 15th if he got in. I'm so anxious to find out.
They don't seem to put out the smaller cups at the frozen yogurt place. I think it is so people spend more. It is amazing how the cup size, plate size, and spoon size can all affect the serving size and what seems like a lot. When I put a little bit into this big cup it seems like so little, but when I fill up a small cup I feel like I am getting a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment