- 1 carrot
- 1 small parsnip or turnip
- 6" strip kombu
- Tamari soy sauce
- Place kombu in 1/4" water in a small skillet. Let it soak and soften
- Cut carrot in diagonal slices
- Lay each slice flat, and cut into 3 or 4 lengh wise strips
- Slice parsnip or turnip similarly
- Place roots on top of kombu
- Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer 25 minutes
- When done, the water should be mostly absorbed.
- Remove kombu
(Parsnip- it looks like a white carrot)
Once they were done, I ate the carrots and parsnips over quinoa and spinach and added a 1/2 tsp Tamari sauce.
"Cooked sweet vegetables can do wonders to calm a sweet- tooth and even out your physical energy and moods.
Recipe from The Self-Healing Cookbook by Kristina Turner