Monday, September 7, 2009

Coconut Milk & Chia Seeds

This coconut milk is delicious in my oatmeal. It is 50 calories for 1 cup, soy free, dairy free, gluten free, good source of Calcium, and MCFA's.
Ground Chia Seeds have 7gm of fiber per serving, omega 3 & 6 EFAs, protein, vitamins, minerals, powerful antioxidants, rich is highly absorbable calcium & magnesium
Steel cut cold cereal with coconut milk, Ground Chia, & fruit (252.5 calories)
  • Steel cut oatmeal
  • 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
  • 1/4 cup coconut milk
  • 1/4 cup blueberries
  • 2 strawberries
  • 1/2 small banana
Because it has been so hot out I like the oatmeal as a cold cereal (I just warm it for ~30-40 sec) and then the cold coconut milk makes it cold.

This breakfast is so filling I normally just eat 1/2 and then save 1/2 for later. It keeps me full for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment