I love this butternut squash soup! It is the perfect comfort food. This fall soup that is nourishing and satisfying. It has a creamy taste without the cream.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 diced carrots (2/3 c)
- 2 diced celery stalks (1/2c)
- 2/3 cup diced onion
- 4 c. cubed squash (405g) *pick a squash with a long neck*
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
1. Heat coconut oil
2. Add in onions, carrots, and celery. Cook for about 3-4 minutes until soften.
3. Add in raw squash (cut the ends off, peel with knife, and cube)
4. Add 5 cups of chicken broth, rosemary, salt and pepper.
5. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 min.
6. Blend it in the vitamix blender, food processor, or regular blender.
Makes 7 cups
83.7 calories per cup