Monday, December 7, 2009

Sunday 12/6- Raw Carob chip Cookie Dough Balls

I love to make lots of things at one time to have for the week. This morning I made Tahini cauliflower, roasted brussel sprouts and butternut squash, acorn squash, and kale chips.

Whole Foods had these really good Vegan Tahini Cauliflower in the prepared foods section. I liked them, but the flavor was a little too strong for me. I tried to mimic them myself based on the ingredients from the label.


They were pretty good. I think I need to vary the recipe up a little, but I will post them as a recipe of the week in the NL.
I portioned them out so they are ready to go for this week.

I also made some kale chips to store for later.

Breakfast
Juicer- 2 celery, 2 apples, 2 carrots, spinach, parsley, collard greens.



If you don't have a mister, you should really get one. It gets the oil all over, but only uses a small amount. However, this is probably why my brussel spouts tasted nothing like the ones at the cooking class today. I don't think a 1/4 tsp of olive oil is enough at all. The ones Nancy & Laura made at the cooking class were absolutely amazing. Mine I thought were good until I tried theirs. I think I need to use more oil for sure.

I've really been feeling like having coffee now that it is colder. I tried this caffeine free herbal coffee. One smell of it when I opened the container made me want to gag, but once I made it I actually liked it. I don't know why it stinks, but it did taste good.

Vegetables for Breakfast (368)
  • Cauliflower
  • Grilled salmon burger
  • roasted brussel spouts
  • spinach with roasted butternut squash

Dessert
Raw Carob chip Cookie Dough Balls
Amazing! I made these in the vitamix. I love that she call it the vita-cookie maker and she has lots of healthy cookie recipe. I like that it is like cookie dough.
I found the recipe at http://www.loveveggiesandyoga.com/2009/10/raw-vegan-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough.html

Cooking Class- had beet salad, roasted vegetables, and pumpkin hummus w/ veggies

Butternut squash soup with quinoa and spinach and a pureed butternut squash soup.


Salad - I will post the recipes for all of these.

Dinner-
acorn squash (roasted w/ shallots, grape seed oil, and rosemary- another thing I made this morning)
Mary's crackers w/ chicken
veggies & pumpkin hummus (New Favorite!)

No comments:

Post a Comment