Monday, February 22, 2010

MIA/PCOS

Update on Brianna- As many of you know Brianna's dad has not been doing well and was in the hospital. She had to leave yesterday to go up to visit him and will be gone all week. If you could keep her and her family in your prayers that would be awesome as they think he will pass away soon due to his liver failing.

Sorry I have been a little MIA from the blog.
It has been a really tough week last week. I will try to make a brief recap to update all of you.
I know I explained about my husband and I wanting to start a family and have not updated the blog on what is going on. A lot has happened in these past few weeks.
I did get the ultra sound and found out that I have poly cystic ovarian syndrome, PCOS, which is why I do not have a menstrual cycle and why we have not been able to get pregnant. (I will explain more about PCOS on a later post). I'm trying to do everything I can to help this problem naturally by following a PCOS diet, taking all the supplements that are supposed to help as well as trying acupuncture. I'm taking metformin now, but it has been making me really sick. The bad news is it mimics pregnancy symptoms and I'm not even pregnant. Almost everyday I feel nausea, weak, tired, out of it, potty problems, certain smells bother me and it has completely changed my appetite. I have so much more sympathy for all the pregnant women out there and my sister who is currently pregnant. I'm currently trying to adjust the timing and the dosage, so I can still get the benefits, but feel like myself again. The good news is that the drugs helped to stabilize my temperature.
I tried acupunture and loved it, so I will keep going. It is such a weird experience, but it gave me a calm, happy, peaceful feeling.
I'm on tons of supplements and will also share those for any other women who have this and read my blog.
In the mean time, I'm continuing to move forward with selective drugs as well as the adoption process and will share more about this in a later post.
Please bear with me in class ladies it really is hit or miss and most workouts I want to throw up the whole time. I hope I can get this figured out soon. I know God has a plan for us and I'm so excited for this time now and our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment