Thursday, August 12, 2010

Shake It Up

Berry Blast Protein Shake
I really like to have protein shakes for a quick and easy meal or snack. Perfect post-workout.
I just wanted to share some ways I like to mix it up with my protein shakes so I don't get bored with the same shake everyday. 
O.N.E Strawberry Shake
O.N.E Strawberry shake has been my recent favorite.
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze
  • 1 scoop MRM chocolate egg white protein powder
  • 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds ground
  • 1.5 tsp Essential Women's Flaxoil
  • Frozen Strawberries
  • Splash of O.N.E Coconut water (this makes it sweet and perfect post-workout)
  • a few ice cubes
Iced Mocha Frappuccino or Iced Coffee

 Iced Mocha Frappuccino or Iced Coffee
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze
  • 1 scoop MRM chocolate egg white protein powder
  • 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds ground
  • 1.5 tsp Essential Women's Flaxoil
  • 8oz coffee (german chocolate cake, swiss almond mocha, or vanilla nut coffee)  
  • 7 ice cubes (more if coffee is hot) 
I really liked this combination because it is not as sweet as some of my other shakes.  I would put the coffee in the blender or I would add the coffee to the shake and then add in additional ice so it is more like an iced coffee.  

Berry Blast
Berry Blast
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze
  • 1 scoop MRM Vanilla Egg White Protein Powder 
  • 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds ground
  • 1.5 tsp  Omega Swirl (Pomegranate Blueberry- so yummy!)
  • Frozen mixed berries
  •  ice cubes
Chocolate Cake Batter
 Chocolate Cake Batter
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze
  • 1 scoop MRM chocolate egg white protein powder
  • 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds ground
  • 1.5 tsp Essential Women's Flaxoil or 1/4 tsp Coconut oil
  • 1 Tbsp Unsweetened chocolate powder (the chocolate powder makes a big difference- I used all of this TJ ones and will have to wait until the holidays come around before they will stock it again- but this one tastes so good- so good I almost wonder if the label is wrong)
  • 7 ice cubes
Orange Dreamsicle


Orange Dreamsicle
  • 1 cup unsweetened Coconut Milk
  • 1 scoop MRM Vanilla egg white protein powder
  • 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds ground
  • 1.5 tsp Omega Swirl Orange
  • 7 ice cubes



Essentials
  • I love my blender bottles and these Aladdin insulated cups to hold my shakes
  • I will change up the nut milk from Coconut, Almond, & Hemp.  Always unsweetened. 
  • I also change up the flaxseed oils or use Coconut Oil - orange, chocolate raspberry, plain, pomegranate blueberry, etc
  • If I use NO FRUIT = then I add the Chia Seeds 
  • IF I use  BERRIES and sometimes 1/2 a banana = then I will sometimes leave the Chia Seeds out
  • Something FUN- coconut water, chocolate powder, or coffee.  
  • Components- FIBER, PROTEIN, WATER, Good FAT= satisfied for a long time 
Time Saver Tips= I will often times make my shakes the night before so I'm not running the VitaMix while Dan is sleeping and it saves me time in the morning when I'm rushing out the door to get to the Fit 2 Wed workout.  I like to double my recipes and make two shakes at one time.

I just bought this new protein powder here in NY and I'm loving it!  I will test out the different kinds and will blog about it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment