Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Green Monster Cubes


 Thanks Christine C. for the idea to freeze my smoothie.  I didn't do that, but it gave me a really good idea to be able to use all my greens.

I had a whole bag of kale and spinach that was not going to last much longer & I knew I could not eat it fast enough.  I'm trying really hard only buy what I need & to not throw out food because it goes bad & waste money. 

                                                             So...I took all the greens added 1 c of water, blended it up, & poured it into ice cube trays. 
 I like to put a handful of greens and some ice cubes in my protein shakes anyways, so this worked out perfectly


Because I was already blending greens I decided to make a green smoothie. Since there is SO much water in the greens it can separate and I was not hungry at the time so I just put it in the frig in the blender container so when I had it later I could just blend it up again for a few seconds. 

See what I mean about the greens. Sometimes I buy a bunch so it forces me to eat them everyday, so they don't go bad.  Eating a lot of greens improves mood, skin, energy, detoxes, you name it it probably does it. 

I made my shake this morning the the green cubes and it may not look the most appetizing, but it is delicious and I can't even taste the greens in it.

I use
  • 1.5 cups (unsweetened So delicious Coconut milk)
  • 1/4 cup Raw Whole Milk
  • Snack size bag of Frozen Berries
  • 1 scoop MRM choc egg white protein powder
  • 1 green monster miracle cube
  • 4  regular ice cubes

No comments:

Post a Comment