Thursday, September 1, 2011

Cook Once Eat All Week

 I don't really have any creative fun recipes to share with you girls.  I've been eating the same salad I love since April. I hope I never get tired of it cause it makes shopping and meal planning easy.

I always feel good having protein for breakfast and since eggs are supposed to make for smart babies I eat about 2 a day.
I put a little coconut oil in my Scanpan and I keep the yokes in tact for more nutrients. I sprinkle with sea vegetable sprinkle for magnesium and iron. 


 Since being pregnant I've added gluten free/wheat free oats back in. If I have the package I will take a picture of it. It is this huge bag from Trader Joe's and it is a great price.
Oatmeal Blueberry Pancakes

Oatmeal Blueberry Pancakes
  • 2 cups of rolled oats
  • 1.5-2 cups of water (adjust depending on the thickness you like)
  • 1 small banana
  • lots of cinnamon
  • dash of vanilla
  • blueberries 
Throw in a blender to mix. Stir in blueberries & Grill with some coconut oil in the pan. 
I recommend these for kids.  Sometimes I add in Quinoa flakes, Kamut Flakes, flaxseed, etc
For kids I would blend the blueberries in the blender with other ingredients  if your kid is the type to pick stuff out. 


 I put them in storage container and then I don't have to cook for days. I love it :)
If you think I was into eating well before. I really am into nutrition now. I love learning what is developing and eating foods that will support our little babies. Greens & Broccoli are my best friend (not kidding) :)

1 comment:

  1. Those pancakes look delicious! I can't wait to see your pregnant self! Congratulations again!!!!

    ReplyDelete