If that is the case, you can always make a whole food protein shake by using a few raw egg yokes. I'm not going to go into the benefits and safety of them fully in this post, but I will in a future newsletter or post.
Most important is:
- Only use eggs that are organic and free range
- Wash the outter shell
- Discard the whites
The yoke is about 53 calories and full of nutrients and good omega 3 fatty acids. It is high is selenium, which is great for supporting your thyroid and keeping your metabolism fast. It may sound gross, but I have this daily and it actually tastes really delicious.
My favorite Recipe is: (I don't really measure I normally just pour and guess)
- 1 cup Raw Whole Milk (will explain later)
- 1/2 chocolate coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Cocoa powder
- 3 Tablespoons Hemp Hearts
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 2-3 raw egg yokes
- 3 ice cubes
Blend and enjoy!