Saturday, August 2, 2008

Morning Routine

I look forward to this time every morning. Seriously, it is my favorite part of the day. I love to have plenty of time in the morning to sit down with my hot lemon water and have my devotionals. I'm going through a great book by Donna Partow called "Becoming the Woman God Wants Me To Be" A 90-day guide to living the proverbs 31 life. I love this book. It always starts my day off great, gives me direction for the day, and helps me keep my priorities in order. I have so much going on right now and so much stress, but time alone with God gives me so much joy and the strength, energy, and drive to tackle each new day.

Hot Lemon Water


Morning Cranberry Cocktail- 10 oz water, 2 tablespoons unsweetened cranberry juice, 1 tsp ground flax seed, one zenergize


1/2 grapefruit- great to have in the morning. Whole foods has the best organic grapefruit.

Packed my small cooler with watermelonn for after class, so I could eat right away since I knew I would be hungry. See that fork wrapped up? I swipe a bunch every time I go to whole foods. They are on every table and right in the check out line. They are great because they are individually wrapped, so I have a stash in my handbag and my coolers. I really should just find some wrapped up that I can buy, but whole foods is so expensive I think I deserve a few free forks, spoons, and knives.



After drinking so much, I wasn't that hungry. I started getting hungry before boot camp, and needed more energy for the 90 min class today.

So, luckily I had my cooler packed with my after workout snack. I had 1 cup of my watermelon.



And... Rosanne brought me one of these amazing muffins, so I had one bite before class. They are so good. She is always bringing me great healthy stuff to try and new recipes. I love it. I'll post the recipe once I get it. She is great at taking recipes and making them so much healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment