Saturday, August 2, 2008

Banana Almond Butter Oatmeal

Banana Almond Butter Oatmeal
1/2 cup oatmeal, 1.5 cups water, 1/4 cup almond milk, 1 tsp flax seed, 1 tsp wheat germ, cinnamon, 1/2 banana, 2 tbsp almond butter = 411.6 calories
Keeps me full for hours!!!

Only planned on having 1 tablespoon of almond butter, but I still had so much oatmeal left and no more almond butter, so I had my husband fill up my tablespoon. However, it was a heaping tablespoon and had to scrape the top off, with high calorie food like this that little heaping is an extra 30-60 calories and they add up quickly. Plus, I made so much oatmeal I knew it would be hard for me to finish and it takes me a long time to eat this because I love dipping my spoon in the almond butter, getting a little oatmeal on my spoon, and a little banana then I take a bite.


After the track & stairs workout today at boot camp, I needed to refuel by body with lots of water, carbs, and protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment