I really like the Applegate Farms Organic Smoked Turkey Breast because is is hormone, antibiotic, and nitrate free. In the past I have been hesitant to buy the turkey because it is so vacuum packed in the package and doesn't look that appetizing. However, it tastes really fresh and good. I switched to this because the low sodium turkey from TJ and Costco that I like doesn't say nitrate free on the package.
Below is there Applegate Farms Promise, which is why I think they are an great product.
When you pick up an Applegate Farms product, you can be assured that...
- Our animals are never given antibiotics. Healthy animals don’t need medicine. Instead, we give them space, fresh air, and a healthy diet, which we’re certain beats the alternative.
- Our livestock eat a completely vegetarian diet with no animal by-products. Cattle are grass-fed, just as nature intended. Hogs and poultry are fed a grain diet that includes corn, soy, barley, and flax.
- Our animals are never given hormones or artificial growth promotants. They grow at their natural rate.
- All of our products are made with natural and organic ingredients. If you aren’t familiar with a particular ingredient, email us and we’ll tell you what it is.
- Our products are all minimally processed, allowing for a wholesome texture and taste.
- Our products never contain artificial nitrates or nitrites. Instead, we use celery juice and sea salt to preserve our products the natural and old fashioned way.
- Our deli meat, hot dogs, burgers, and bacon are gluten and casein free.
- Our products are made from natural and organic whole muscle meat. Yes, even our hot dogs! No mystery here.