Friday, September 11, 2009

Homemade Sushi Roll & Sushi Bowl

Brown Rice California Roll

I was so excited to make my own sushi for the first time. I found this recipe from the clean eating magazine and just modified it a little. I made 1/4 of the recipe instead of 4 servings.
Brown Rice Ca Roll 321 calories
I used:
  • 100g brown rice
  • Crab (100 calories)- I bought a crab leg at Whole Foods and had them take the meat out
  • 1 oz avocado
  • 1 small persian cucumber peeled (8 calories)
  • 1/2 tsp sucanat
  • 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
  • 1 nori sheet
I'm more than happy to share the directions/step to how I made it if anyone is interested, just write that in the comment and I will add it to this post.

It was so delicious and way easier then I thought. My brown rice fell off a little on the top roll and that could be because I didn't let it cool long enough and the second roll ending up as a sushi bowl. I will have to try again to really get it just right.


1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about your rice, you have to use really really sticky rice for sushi, but making traditional sticky rice for sushi is a lot of work and uses sugar so I'm sure what you made is perfect!

    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete