Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Spicy Sunflower seeds


I started my day with hot lemon water and all my supplements.

This max stress B from healthybeyondhype.com is amazing. Gives me so much energy!
Spicy Sunflower Seeds
I made some spicy sunflower seeds this morning to have for my mid morning snack.
I put 1 cup of raw sunflower seeds on a cookies sheet and mixed in 1/2 tsp coconut oil and 1 tablespoon cajun spice mix (I had already made a large batch the night before)

Cajun Spice Mix- makes 1.5 cups (store in airtight container, cool, dry location- good for 4-6 months)
1/4 cup sea salt
2 tbsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 cup Spanish paprika
1.5 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp fresh ground black pepper
1 tbsp fresh ground white pepper
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp sweet basil
1/4 cup chili powder
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp ground mustard
1/4 tsp ground coriander


Easy Breakfast Wrap- 202 calories
  • brown rice tortilla
  • 1/2 tsp almond butter
  • 1/4 cup pear
  • 1/4 cup peaches
  • cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp agave
wrapped up and grilled till golden brown- amazing and kept me full from 5:30am-10:15am.

In between boot camp classes I had my ginger peach green tea. I planned on having my sunflower seeds, but I was still full from breakfast so I saved them for after the second class.
The sunflower seeds are so good with the Cajun spice mix. They also kept me satisfied for a long time. Great snack!
193 calories

Lunch
Grilled Vegetable and Salmon Salad with Banana Soft Serve
  • I grilled the salmon burgers from trader joes's with a squeeze of lemon and TJ's 21 seasoning (80 calories)
  • Grilled red onion, zucchini, yellow squash, and red pepper with coconut oil and TJ 21 seasoning
  • Mixed greens with 1 tablespoons Annie's Tuscany Italian dressing
Dessert- 112 calories
1 frozen banana in the food processor for 5 minutes
Dan topped his with strawberries, so I added some to mine.
Makes a great dessert that is super healthy.


Dinner
  • Simple salad with Annie's Lite Honey Mustard dressing
  • 1/2 brown rice tortilla
  • 2oz Applegate Farms Roasted Chicken (the smoked chicken is even better)
  • 1/2 tsp garlic paste

I put 1/2 tsp of this creamy garlic paste on my wrap.
It has a great flavor and a little bit goes a long way for flavor. Dessert
Pure bar - 180 cal
Nothing artificial and tastes great!

No comments:

Post a Comment