Thursday, September 24, 2009

Vegetarian Chili


Started my day with hot lemon water and tried this new protein shake.
I had a few sips and threw it out cause it did not taste good.

So I just had the top of this banana before boot camp and saved the rest for my oatmeal.

Rolled Oats with Banana & Almond Butter
  • Rolled oats (has a lot of protein and fiber)
  • Cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk (brand- So Delicious)
  • 1 tablespoon flaxseed
  • 1 tablespoon almond butter
  • baby banana - these mini bananas are great!

Orange blossom White Tea from The Republic of Tea- Seriously...they have some of the best teas! White tea is suppose to be even better for you than green tea.


Snack
  • Mixed Greens w/ 1 tablespoon Annie's Tuscany Italian (currently my favorite dressing)
  • Grilled Salmon burger (same as yesterday's)
  • Grilled Yellow squash, red onion, and red pepper

Snack
  • 1/2 oz raw cashews (I keep these little baggies of cashews in the freezer- they are even crunchier frozen)
  • Green apple- has less sugar than a red apple

Dessert/Snack
Pure bar


Dinner
I made this chili ahead of time, so it was already ready for dinner. I just divided the recipe up into 6 containers so they are easy to grab. It even tastes good cold.

Vegetarian Chili- This is amazing! It is made with eggplant, garbanzo beans, pinto beans, and lots of other good stuff. It will be one of the recipes of the week in the newsletter.
If you don't get the newsletter, you can sign up for it on the website www.getfit2wed.com



Still needed a little more..
Had 2 tablespoons of the spicy sunflower seeds that I made yesterday, a few frozen cashews, a small amount of rolled outs with almond butter, + brown rice tortilla with some almond butter.
The spoon is a kids spoon, which I love to eat off of because it is little and makes savoring every bite even better.
Did not need... but wanted something sweet so I had some of Dan's cereal with unsweetened rice milk for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment