Saturday, September 26, 2009

Split Pea Soup


Breakfast
Muesli (280 calories)
1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill Muesli
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla rice milk
* I think it is the unsweetened vanilla rice milk that really makes this taste so good.


Snack
Piece of the Pure trailmix bar & green apple
I love these bars, but they are expensive so sometimes I only have 1/2 or 1/4 of a bar.
Lunch
Vegetarian Chili w/ Brown Rice
I was at the Love & Respect Conference, so I just heated this up before I left and put in in my small cooler that is insulated and it stayed warm till lunch.
I added 75 grams of brown rice to the vegetarian chili today and it was much better and more filling with the brown rice added to it.
I knew I wasn't going to eat again for a few hours, so I needed a filling lunch to hold me over till the end of the conference and it worked- not hungry till 4pm.



Snack
Spicy Sunflower seeds
I know split pea soup does not look that good or appealing, but it really does taste good. Even my husband come out and said it smelled good.
1 cup has:
  • 6g fiber
  • 7g protein
  • 15% vitamin A
  • 8% Iron
  • 6% vitamin C
  • and the sodium is only 14%
  • No Trans Fat, No added MSG, and No Preservatives

Dinner
1 cup Amy's light in sodium split pea soup (100 calories)
Mixed greens with grilled salmon and 1 tablespoon Annie's green garlic dressing

Dessert-
.75 oz Frozen Cashews

Still wanted something sweet...
1/2 cup Peace cereal Maple Pecan
1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla rice milk

No comments:

Post a Comment