- 1/2 C Cracked Wheat
- 1 1/2 C Steel Cut Oats
- 1/2 C Rye Flakes (I used Quinoa Flakes)
- 1/2 C Brown Rice
- 1/4 C Wheat Germ
- 6 1/2 C water or any comination of liquids including rice, soy, almond or goat's milk to equal 6 1/2 cups - I used all Almond milk
- 1/2 C Raisins
- 1/2 C Chopped Dates
- 1 1/2 TBSP Vanilla
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in a 3 quart or greater crock pot. Stir well to combine all ingredients and cover.
- Set on lowest cooking temperature and cook over night.
- Spoon into cereal bowls in the morning and top with walnuts, bananas & cottage cheese (optional & not included in the calorie count below).
Makes 8 one-cup servings
Calories: 313 calories/cup
Shirin made this for the End of Boot Camp Potluck and it was so good. She got the recipe from my favorite cookbook the Eat Clean Cookbook. Thank you to all the girls who brought such great healthy food to the potluck. I would love to share them with the girls in the newsletter, if you email me the recipes.