Monday, November 16, 2009

F2W Cookbook



Laura and I had another full day of cooking and photographing food for the Fit 2 Wed cookbook. We are working so hard to have it out in time for Christmas.

I'm trying to find a healthy cookie recipe for the book.
These were great cookies I made from the Fitnessista.com Vegan Almond Butter Chocolate Chip cookies However, they are a little too high in calories for the me. I altered the recipe to make them 50 calories less per cookie, but then they turned out like scones. I will keep trying to find the perfect combination and calories. If anyone has a recipe that they think would be good, just post it in the comments and I will check it out. I'm looking for no dairy and no refined sugar.
Made some split pea soup- I will post it as the recipe of the week for the newsletter. We made tons of other stuff that you will see soon- I hope.
I don't like cooking when I'm hungry, so I picked up a healthy lunch from one of my favorite places to eat The Naked Cafe on my way home from The Rock.
This is the Wok Brown Rice w/ chicken. It was good. Has a little kick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment