Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday 11/16 Carobs & Cashews


I love to start my day off with fresh vegetable juice. It give me so much energy in the morning. The juicer is a hassle to clean up, but the benefits far out weigh the time spend cleaning the juicer.
Breakfast #1 - pre-workout
  • 1 beet
  • 1 green apple
  • 2 carrots
  • 2 celery
  • kale, spinach, & parsley
Breakfast #2
I know it is weird, but I had a salad for breakfast. I've just been craving salad.
I made this yesterday, so it was ready to pack in my lunch. I had it in between boot camps
  • Mixed greens (kale, spinach, etc)
  • peeled carrots
  • peeled daikon radish
  • tomatoes
  • cucumber
  • Christa's healthy salad dressing

Blueberries, raspberries, & strawberries (80 calories)

Lunch- Soup & Salad
  • 1 cup Homemade Split Pea soup- I love the Amy's and I'm trying to mimic it. Tastes good, but I just can't get the flavor just right.
  • Roasted butternut squash salad - 5g toasted pine nuts, mixed greens, 1/2 cup roasted butternut squash, homemade balsalmic dressing.


10 Vegetable Brown Rice Snaps (75 calories)
These are a healthy choice for crackers.


Running date with my husband and Duke (our yellow lab). Dan puts a harness around duke and he pulls Dan on the skate board. It is so funny and Duke just loves it.
Running on the beach is the best. I encourage you to make active dates with your spouse or girlfriends like hiking, biking, surfing, running, or just getting out for a walk. It's cheap, great way to get outside, my husband and I normally have our best conversations while running, and it is a good way to add in more activity.


Snack-
Green apple (80 calories) & 1/2 serving on steel cut oatmeal w/ 1 tbsp almond butter. I felt like something was missing not having oatmeal for breakfast.

Dinner
Darn.. I did not start making dinner early enough and I was hungry while I was making the zucchini spaghetti, so my snack while I was making dinner ended up being my dinner.
  • brown rice tortilla w/ Applegate farms chicken
  • Left over roasted root vegetables


Dessert-
Raw Cashews & Vegan Carob Chips - now this is a combination I love. I keep them both in the freezer, so they are nice and crunchy (and it keeps the nuts fresher).

Baked Chocolate Banana
  • 1/2 of a banana sliced in 1/2
  • topped with vegan carob chips
  • I put it in the oven for about 10 minutes
This was too sweet for me, but if you like sweet stuff, this would be a good choice for a healthier dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment