I love to start my day off with fresh vegetable juice. It give me so much energy in the morning. The juicer is a hassle to clean up, but the benefits far out weigh the time spend cleaning the juicer.
Breakfast #1 - pre-workout
- 1 beet
- 1 green apple
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery
- kale, spinach, & parsley
I know it is weird, but I had a salad for breakfast. I've just been craving salad.
I made this yesterday, so it was ready to pack in my lunch. I had it in between boot camps
- Mixed greens (kale, spinach, etc)
- peeled carrots
- peeled daikon radish
- Christa's healthy salad dressing
Blueberries, raspberries, & strawberries (80 calories)
Lunch- Soup & Salad
- 1 cup Homemade Split Pea soup- I love the Amy's and I'm trying to mimic it. Tastes good, but I just can't get the flavor just right.
- Roasted butternut squash salad - 5g toasted pine nuts, mixed greens, 1/2 cup roasted butternut squash, homemade balsalmic dressing.
10 Vegetable Brown Rice Snaps (75 calories)
These are a healthy choice for crackers.
Running date with my husband and Duke (our yellow lab). Dan puts a harness around duke and he pulls Dan on the skate board. It is so funny and Duke just loves it.
Running on the beach is the best. I encourage you to make active dates with your spouse or girlfriends like hiking, biking, surfing, running, or just getting out for a walk. It's cheap, great way to get outside, my husband and I normally have our best conversations while running, and it is a good way to add in more activity.
Green apple (80 calories) & 1/2 serving on steel cut oatmeal w/ 1 tbsp almond butter. I felt like something was missing not having oatmeal for breakfast.
Darn.. I did not start making dinner early enough and I was hungry while I was making the zucchini spaghetti, so my snack while I was making dinner ended up being my dinner.
- brown rice tortilla w/ Applegate farms chicken
- Left over roasted root vegetables
Raw Cashews & Vegan Carob Chips - now this is a combination I love. I keep them both in the freezer, so they are nice and crunchy (and it keeps the nuts fresher).
Baked Chocolate Banana
- 1/2 of a banana sliced in 1/2
- topped with vegan carob chips
- I put it in the oven for about 10 minutes