Sunday, November 29, 2009

Healthy Hot Chocolate

Since it is a little rainy & colder than 80 degrees here in San Diego, I thought a nice cup of hot chocolate would be amazing while I got caught up on some work from being out of town. I would like this to be the recipe of the week for the newsletter, but need to figure out how I can make it healthy for you and taste good. During this time of year it always sounds good, but I can't remember the last time I had hot chocolate. So...I set out to try to make a healthy version of this delicious drink.
I tried a recipe I found online.
I put 1/4 cup of cashews in the vitamix with water, agave, raw cocoa powder, vanilla, hot water, and stevia.
I was so disappointed...it turned out horrible. I took one sip and hated it. I took one more just to check. Such a bummer. Too much stevia- terrible taste & after taste.
I tried again this morning with hemp milk, raw cocoa powder, agave, and stevia- terrible again.
I'm going to keep on trying. I know there has got to be the perfect combination.

Oh well...this week I changed my mind and instead of the hot chocolate I think the fat burner soup would be more appropriate. After Thanksgiving, if you need a little detox, you have to make this soup. Not only does it taste amazing, comforting, loaded with vegetables, it is only 46 calories a cup, and it is great for fat loss. It will be on the newsletter for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment