Monday, December 7, 2009

Candied Pecans, Cinnamon Almonds, & Macadamia Nuts

Pre-Workout Breakfast ( 272.5 calories)
I always feel good getting in some vegetables nice and early in the morning.
  • 1/2 Evolution Essential Greens- when I don't want to use the juicer this is a good go to for convenience.
  • Oatmeal pancake topped with 1.5 tsp almond butter, 1 tsp agave, and cinnamon. Having these already made and in the frig & freezer makes breakfast so easy.


Post-workout Snack
Apple
Holiday baking at Ci's house after boot camp. I found this recipe from Elanas Pantry, which is a gluten free website that has loads of yummy recipes. We did not have Yacon syrup, so we used agave instead. We made these roasted nuts to jar for our neighbors for Christmas.
http://www.elanaspantry.com/candied-pecans/
Gluten Free Candied Pecans
2 cups pecans
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons agave
½ tsp celtic sea salt
  1. Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl
  2. Place in a pyrex baking dish
  3. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes
  4. Cool and serve

We added lots of cinnamon to the almonds.
Cinnamon almonds and candied macademia and pecan nuts.
So...I did not have enough jars, but I will show you how cute they look once they are jarred. I got this idea from her blog. Although, I love that the recipe uses agave instead of sugar. These are so so good, but high in calories and I caution you to measure for yourself and give the rest away.

Lunch (338 calorie)
I had this meal already made and frozen. I just defrosted it last night in the frig.
  • Mahi Mahi (fm TJ)
  • Brown Rice (Organic green box fm TJ)
  • Stir fried broccoli, zucchini, carrots, & red pepper

Wrap
  • Ezekiel Tortilla
  • 2 oz applegate farms chicken
  • mixed greens
  • broccoli sprouts, carrots, daikon
I have been making a tupperware of mixed greens, shredded carrots, shredded daikon, and broccoli sprouts, so it is easy to just grab a handful for my wraps or for a salad.

Dinner
  • Candied pecans, macadamia nuts, almonds, and carob chips
I know nuts are not the best thing for dinner, but I had to try them and the calories added up to a whole meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment