Tuesday, December 1, 2009


Oatmeal Banana Carob Chip Pancakes- this was amazing
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 tsp agave
  • cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 15g carob chips
Mixed it in the Vita Mix blender.

Makes 4 pancakes topped it with two tsp agave nectar, carobs chips, and a few banana slices.
I really don't like to cook when I'm hungry. I like to have everything ready to just grab or at least prepped and easy to put together. After enjoying that amazing breakfast...I was ready to make a mess in the kitchen and make several things at one time to have on hand for this week as well as to freeze for later.

I have really been loving these allergy friendly pancakes, so I made three different kinds.
Plain, blueberry, & pumpkin.
I did the math and individually wrapped them. Some for the frig & some for the freezer.




I also made turkey chili with lots of vegetables.
Portioned them out into different serving sizes, wrote the date, and calories on top and froze the rest.
To figure out the calories for my different recipes, I weight and measure what goes in, get the calories for each item, add them up and divide by the number of servings.

While I'm making chili and pancakes, I am also testing out this new recipe from Christine Lillie- (maiden name -boot camp alumni). She emailed me this recipe for these "cookie bars". Thanks so much Christine- they are delicious. I will share the recipe on the newsletter.
Individually wrapped some for the frig and some for the freezer.
I am such a messy cook, so to make one big mess at one time is much easier.
This is really is my biggest tip to making healthy food quick and convenient. Taking the time to do the prep work and prepare things in advance all at one time, so it is easy when you are on the go or don't want to cook. I think it is important to remember that you are worth it to take the time to be selective about what you put in your body. Make the time for yourself, you deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment