Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cake Batter Cashew Cream :)


Supplements I take in the morning- I don't normally use all the different cups, just one that I use for all the different mixes.
1. start with hot lemon water- good detox and improves digestion
2. Green powder- from healthbeyondhype.com
3. Max Stress B- good energy- fm healthbeyondhype.com
4. Rejuve- for gut repair
5. ran out of probiotic, but normally take that too
These are the pills I take:
1. C food complex
2. cod liver oil
3. new chapter prenatal
4. and digestive enzymes

This crockpot is $40 at Costco. I like that it has the timer and different heat settings.
I made the crockpot porridge from The Eat Clean Cookbook. I switched the rye flakes for quinoa flakes, used half the amt of raisins, and used unsweetened SoDelicious unsweetened coconut milk. It is so nice to wake up and have breakfast already ready.
I was not very hungry this morning, so I packed it in a thermos to stay warm.
The recipe is on a later post if you type it on on the search you can find it.
Breakfast- (75 calories) had 8 oz evolution greens and 4 oz carrot juice
Good way to get veggies in early!
The crockpot porridge is best topped w/ applesauce. (363 calories)
I only had a quick 30 minutes before my first appointment, but I love that my office is right down the street from Windnsea and it is so relaxing to just be by the water. It is so nice to enjoy my breakfast by the beach and do my devotionals, even if I only had a short period of time. A great way to start the day.

Snack- Chicken, veggies, and apple. (180 calories)
1/2 kombucha
Late lunch/early dinner
Large Salad- grilled asparagus, avocado, grilled salmon burger, mini ezekiel tortilla
Broccoli, radish, & cucumbers w/ hummus
Mixed Berries

I got home later than I had planned, but already having my food prepared makes it so much easier when I'm hungry. I never want to make anything when I'm already so hungry. If you are used to eating regularly every couple of hours, then you know what I mean when it gets past the time when you need to eat. I also tell myself "you are not starving" to avoid eating whatever is the fastest thing, so I can prepare my food sit down and really enjoy it.

Dinner- small amount of crockpot porridge
Cathy told me about this recipe that she made with Christa. It is amazing!

~ Cake Batter Cashew Cream ~

1 heaping cup raw cashews, soaked

1 and ¼ cup water (or almond milk, rice milk, etc.)

3 Tbsp. coconut butter

1 tsp. vanilla extract or vanilla bean

¼ tsp. stevia

¼ tsp himalayan or celtic salt

served as a pudding for protein with a salad or snack

Soak cashews for an hour. Starting with 1C water/milk, mix in Vitamix/blender, add more if too thick. Process until smooth. Refrigerate and it will thicken.



Had 2 tablespoons for dessert. Gave some to Dan over mixed berries.

No comments:

Post a Comment