Sunday, March 7, 2010

Egg Pancake & Veggies for Breakfast


For a quick breakfast that is an easy way for me to get my vegetables in early in the am, I love eggs.
I use 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites.
Everyday I mix up what vegetables I use to add some variety recently I like- asparagus, broccoli, mushroom, tomato, garlic, basil, and squash cut really small. I sprinkle the sea seasoning on to get my sea vegetables in as well.
A side of avocado is also a favorite to get in some healthy fat to stay full longer, since the eggs and vegetables have hardly any calories.
Green Tea & Mixed berries are a morning favorite.
This is my tomato basil omelette- I can't figure out how to make it fold over nicely, so they end up like big pancakes, which I like better. I whisk the eggs a lot with a fork to fluff it up even more.
I notice a huge difference in my energy, how satisfied I am through out the day, and no cravings when I start the day with a high protein breakfast. If you normally have grains for breakfast, I would encourage you to mix it up and try increasing the protein in the am and see how it makes you feel through out the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment