Sunday, March 7, 2010

Energizing & Refreshing Green teas


If you need something sweet after you eat, this tea has a nice sweet taste to it.
I can't tell you how happy I am that my husband Dan is giving up caffeine (coffee & monsters), except green tea. He works at the station, getting a masters, in a pastor program, leads the young married cafe at the Rock, and is such an amazing husband I can't even think of a word to describe it. So... he really needs something to give him the energy to get everything done, which is why coffee & monsters have become a staple in his diet.
I'm having him try different types of teas to find ones that he likes and I hope I can help him find natural ways to get the energy he needs through energizing food, max stress B vitamins, & green teas & yerba mate as a substitute. As a fireman, he is already under so much stress with having wake ups in the night, being around smoke, and exposed to so many hazards that I think it is even more important that he puts enough antioxidants in his body to counter balance as much as he can.
This also applies to really active people, if you workout or run a lot, it creates more free radicals in your body, so you would want to increase the amount of antioxidants you put it and white and green tea are a nice way to drink them :)
I also enjoy making a big patch of tea and having in the refrigerator as ice tea. The Ginger Peach is another one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment