Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Asparagus Soup

 I LOVE this soup.  It is simple and good.  Terra sent it to me from Giada on the Food Network and I just modified it a little bit. 

1. Sauteed 2 leeks with raw butter (you can find it at Jimbos) for until soft
In case you don't know what a leek is I took a picture of it below.  It is a part of the onion family, good for fat loss, and you can use it like you would an onion.  I just sliced it up until I got to the tough green part.
 2. Add in ~3 cups (2-3 bundles)  asparagus
If you don't have a good knife, I would stop reading this and go get one.  It will save your life by making cooking SO much easier.  I like my knife with the two men on it. 

3. Add 4 cups chicken broth or bone broth
4. Add 1/2 cup basil, sea salt, and pepper
5. Once it is cooked I put it in the blender and blend

No comments:

Post a Comment