I LOVE this soup. It is simple and good. Terra sent it to me from Giada on the Food Network and I just modified it a little bit.
1. Sauteed 2 leeks with raw butter (you can find it at Jimbos) for until soft
In case you don't know what a leek is I took a picture of it below. It is a part of the onion family, good for fat loss, and you can use it like you would an onion. I just sliced it up until I got to the tough green part.
2. Add in ~3 cups (2-3 bundles) asparagus
If you don't have a good knife, I would stop reading this and go get one. It will save your life by making cooking SO much easier. I like my knife with the two men on it.
3. Add 4 cups chicken broth or bone broth
4. Add 1/2 cup basil, sea salt, and pepper
5. Once it is cooked I put it in the blender and blend