Friday, December 31, 2010

Nourishing Chicken & Vegetable Soup

 I made this quick and easy chicken noodle soup minus the noodles. I felt nourished all the way to my bones. I added kombu to the soup while it was cooking to get extra minerals like magnesium.  Just use it like a bay leaf, so I discarded it after the soup was done. 

 It expands and then just discard after soup is done. You can find Kombu at the health food store.  

 I put 1.5 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 carrots, 4 celery stalks, and 1 onion.  Cooked till fragrant and onions translucent. 
I took 5 minutes the night before to chop all the vegetables, so they were ready for me to make the soup in less time. 
I also boiled the chicken ahead of time.
 Then I added 6 cups of broth.  Using this bone broth is what makes this soup SO good. I normally make my own, but I really would rather buy it.  I buy it from biodynamic wellness in Solana beach.  It makes my soups taste 100x better and 100x healthier.  I will talk more in class about why this is called "liquid gold" and all the amazing benefits of bone broth. 
 Then I add in chicken.  I used boiled boneless, skinless, chicken thighs.  I added in fresh ground pepper and a little sea salt.
I cooked the soup for about 30 min and then I took it off the heat and added in some fresh dill.

No comments:

Post a Comment