Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mi Ranchito- Healthy Mexican

My neighbor told me about Mi Ranchito, which is a Mexican place close to where I live.  By the outside of it it looks like a place I would never go to, but inside it is clean and the owner is so friendly and nice.  The service is really good. 
I was so excited to see the page from Healthy Dining in San Diego posted on the wall with all the nutritional information!!!!

They do bring chips and beans to your table when you order, so if you are one to attack the chip bowl you might want to request that they don't bring it out.  I like to munch on the carrots while I wait for my food. 
They have a salsa bar with really good carrots. 
I like to get the fajitas with no cheese.  They even have whole wheat tortillas if you request for it. 
umm...it is probably not a good thing that I went there again today with Stacey and the owner says "nice to see you again".  In my defense, my frig/freezer went out of us again for the 3rd time :( Luckily...Dan fixed it and I'm off to the grocery store today.  However, I am just so excited to find a good mexican place close to home that tastes fresh and has some healthy options available. I love Casa De Pico and Casa De Quadalajara, but they are so far away. 
I also like that the fajitas are big enough to share with someone and take left overs home, so for $10 I can get 2-4 meals out of it, or share it for $5 and get two meals from it. 
12812 Rancho Penasquitos Blvd
(at Paseo Montril)
San Diego, CA 92129

Mention yelp and buy 1 item get on 1 free
with the purchase of 2 drinks.
 (excludes seafood) 

No comments:

Post a Comment