Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Salmon Dill Burgers & Chow Planning

 I really have not felt like cooking in a long time, but I'm starting to get my enthusiasm back again for cooking and trying out new recipes.  I also have not been feeling well, which is one reason why I've been eating so much soup.  One thing that helped is my new cookbook and cookbook stand.  Sometimes it can be something small to re-motivate. 

I really like the Elana's Pantry blog for her recipes and I've been wanting her cookbook.  Since, I got it for my birthday I'm SO excited to try some of the recipes.  I like it because it is gluten free (which I will be talking about more in class this week). I also love when cookbooks have lots of nice pictures and simple recipes that are easy to make and her book does for sure.  
check out her blog 
http://www.elanaspantry.com/
I'm making these Salmon burgers today and I will let you know how they turn out. 
It is amazing how much money I save and how much less food is wasted when I use this little meal planner.  I got it from Target and I like that it has M-Sunday to write what to make and then the shopping list below. It magnets to the frig.
If you don't do this already, I highly recommend making a list and do a little bit of planning before you hit up the store. 

2 comments:

  1. That's a great meal planner. I'll have to look for it.
    Making a weekly list is a must for me! I plan all of our meals on Sunday and do all of the shopping that day. That way, I don't have to think about what to have at the last minute during the week when it's busy. It definitely helps to do this if you're on a budget...no spontaneous/unneeded purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing what you do Shannon. Speaking of budget...do you have any good crockpot recipes? I'm on the hut for some good ones to try and share with the girls.

    ReplyDelete