Friday, December 30, 2011

A Merry Christmas

 Laura you and your sister put on a lovely tea party. I'm looking forward to next years :)
Annual Jackson family Christmas party- Grandma and Grandpa Jackson who started this big family in front and all the cousins and wives on the stairs.  
I love that everyone makes it a point to be there each year. I love that grandma say's she doesn't have much money, but is rich because of her family.  She had 6 kids and now I think they are up to 20 great- grandchildren.

 I think my mother-in-law is a pro-shopper with the gift of giving.  She does this every year and stays up most the night just wrapping everything.  
 I love this family tradition my father-in-law reads the Christmas story from Luke with his grandchildren ever year.  Next year baby Jedidiah will join them :)
 The best Christmas gift is being pregnant!  This was an awesome "Pea in the Pod" Christmas for me though, so thankful to get some much needed maternity clothes.
 My nephews make Christmas so much fun.
 Dan is the best.   H&M, Sephora, and Victoria Secret here I come :)
Pregnant Ladies = H&M has the best long cami's for only $5!!!
 My gift card scarf :)
 My nephew got these woody pj's and just loved them.  Christmas with the kids are so much fun.
 My sister-in-law got me these cute fruit and vegetable basket toys for the baby.  The picture is bad, but its full of lettuce, apples, carrots, etc.  Never too early to start learning what the vegetables are.
 I know it looks like craziness, but there really is order.  We go around one by one opening youngest to oldest.
 Hope nothing got thrown out with all that paper.
My nephew Nathan had two green apples on his Christmas list and was so excited to get them.  Although, he also wanted a chocolate donut from Albertsons, I was so happy to see the apples on the list.


It's hard to believe Christmas is over and 2011 is ending.  I think this was the first year I can remember keeping my New Year's Resolution the whole year. Every year, I used to make one of my resolutions to floss daily, but that always gets broken after the first few days.

 However, this year is was to be more intentional about spending time with friends and family and I'm happy that my actions reflected my intentions. I used to live my life so busy rushing from one thing to the next, my mind always thinking about what I have to do, distracted by something, or anticipating the next thing.  The best thing for me has really been to be fully present and to remember what is most important in life.  I want to be rich like my grandma by making time for my friends and family.

I encourage you to call a friend or family member you haven't talked to in a while, or to plan some quality time with those you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment