Monday, October 8, 2012

Paleo Lasagna

 My girlfriend Christy L. made this for me after I had baby Jedi.  Thanks a million to you and everyone else who brought such delicious and healthy meals.  It was so good my whole family who was staying with me liked it too.  Honestly...it is so nice to have a filling meal that still leaves you feeling really good afterward.
This recipe is easy to make and I love that it makes a huge pan to have lots of left overs.
Ingredients


  • 1-2 large sweet red onion or maui onion
  • 4-6 garlic cloves minced
  • 2 Tblsp oil (I used coconut and olive oil)
  • 1 lb ground beef (I might have used more...I didn't measure) I didn't want it to be overpowered by sausage taste
  • 1 lb mild sausage (sprouts took pork chops and ground up with seasoning for me)
  • 2 Tbsp fresh oregano
  • 1/2 cup fresh basil
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 2 (14 oz) cans diced tomato's or 2-3 cups fresh cut tom's but add them with onions to saute
  • 1 (16 oz) can tomato paste
  • 5-6 zucchinis sliced
  • 1 cup olives (I used black, but might try kalamata nxt time)
  • 2 1/2 cups mushrooms
 
  1. oven 350
  2. large soup pot saute onions, garlic, mushrooms and oil about 5-7 mins (depends on mushrooms)
  3. add ground beef and sausage, brown
  4. add all seasoning
  5. add drained diced tomato's and tomato paste
  6. glass baking dish place layer of zucchini, top with meat mixture, then olives, then repeat with zucchini, meat, olives
  7. cover with aluminum foil and bake 30mins
 
let stand 15mins before cutting and serving

Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment