Air travel can cause puffiness and water retention, so I like to drink coconut water prior to my flight as well as on the flight.
If your airport has a Coffee Bean, they normally sell coconut water there. I have also seen it sold in other airport shops as well.
- Potassium in the coconut water flushes out excess water, so it helps with the puffiness from air travel
- Maintains balance in the body and increase metabolism
- Balm for the stomach - good for acidity and heartburn
- electrolites, vitamins, minerals, chlorides
- Alkalizes body
- antibacterial & antiviral (another reason why I down this prior to and on my flight)
I also drink this post-workout for quicker recovery
It is also the perfect drink to pack for a day at the beach to stay hydrated.