Saturday, October 24, 2009

Friday 10/23 Hemp Protein Shake


Always start my day with hot lemon water to balance my pH and detoxify first thing in the morning.

Fresh vegetable juice- 1 beet, celery, carrot, parsley, and green apple
I was not that hungry in the morning, so I just had vegetable juice prior to boot camp.

After the first boot camp, I had 1/2 of my hemp protein shake (115 calories) and some Pumpkin Chai Tea


After boot camp, I had the rest of the hemp protein shake.

Hemp Protein Shake: 230 calories
1 cup spinach
1/4 cup Living Harvest Hemp Protein
1 cup unsweetened vanilla hemp milk
1/2 frozen banana

The hemp milk is a new product I've tried and I love it. I will keep buying it because it has 60 calories for 1 cup, an excellent source of calcium, vitamin b12, magnesium (10%), Iron (6%), Vitamin e (8%) and vitamin D. Contains Omega 3&6 EFA.

Hemp protein powder- I used to think this tastes like earth/dirt, but now I love it. The key is the frozen banana and the unsweetened vanilla hemp or rice milk to make it taste good.
It is 9g of fiber (36%), 13g protein, Iron 30%, and Magnesium 47%. It also has 600mg omega-3 and 1,700 mg of omega 6.

So...I love the coconut water (60 calories) after my workouts to rehydrate, but it is so expensive. I started buying the carton of coconut water when it is on sale and just filling up my glass Voss bottle to take with me. Perfect thing to have after boot camp.

After boot camp...I also had one of my favorite breakfasts (278 calories)
  • steel cut oatmeal
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 tablespoon crunch almond butter

Lunch- Quick & Healthy (221 calories )
I just opened the bag of greens and spinach
Seared the pre-marinated Ahi from TJ's
Steamed the veggies and used the Organic brown rice from the frozen section at TJ's. It was so good, I packed the same thing to have for dinner. I just took it with me, since I would be gone.
  • Salad- spinach, mixed greens, w/ 1 tablespoon Annie's Lite Honey mustard dressing
  • 3oz steamed broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower
  • 2 oz brown rice
  • 3 oz Ahi

Greens powder mixed with water- 1 hour before dinner

Dinner- I like these portable containers from Smart & Final
I packed
  • 3 oz steamed veggies
  • 1 oz brown rice
  • 2 oz Ahi
  • Apple Cinnamon Spelt Scone
Laura Lewis made the raspberry scones from the Baby Cakes cookbook, but instead of raspberries she added apple, flax, and cinnamon. She brought me one to try. It was so so delicious! Thanks Laura :)

This is an example of a 1,306 calorie day with 5 servings of vegetable and a little bit of protein throughout the day. No cravings and felt really satisfied all day because of all the vegetables and protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment