Thursday, January 28, 2010

Add Vegetables to Everything


Roasting a lot of vegetables as one time makes it really easy to get more vegetables in and to have them on hand to eat with everything. I love them just by themselves.
I used olive oil and sea salt or sea vegetable seasoning and cook at 400 for 20-40 min depending on the vegetables.
Those little peppers are delicious roasted, the mushrooms are good, but make sure you don't rinse them, just wipe them off so they don't fill with water. The containers to the right have yams, butternut squash, and parsnips.
Roasted Brussels sprouts and cauliflower are one of my favorites.

Making a huge stir fry with tons of veggies makes a good meal because I can add whatever protein (chicken, fish, tempeh) and whole grain (brown rice, quinoa) to make a very complete meal.
Adding the roasted vegetables makes my salads a lot tastier.

No comments:

Post a Comment