Thursday, January 7, 2010

Infertility

Hi Ladies,

Dizzy & Drunk Without Even Drinking- Hormones Gone Crazy
I just want to apologize for having to cancel class this morning. I could not walk much less get get behind the wheel. I could not even function enough to be able to email you and let you know I could not teach. I'm so happy Dan was home to take care of me. I just want to share with you what is going on and if anyone else that follows the blog and has the same problem I hope sharing my experience and fertility diet can be helpful.
Amenorrhea & Infertility
As many of you know Dan and I would love to be parents and to start a family. The problem is I have amenorrhea (no period) and have not had one in 1.5 years, which makes tracking my ovulation tricky. I was on the birth control Microgestion Fe 1/20 and sometimes it can take 9-12 months to get your period back after stopping the pill. I wanted to try to get my period back naturally by slowing down my life, testing and trying to balance out my hormones. My husband also wanted me to gain 10 pounds and to not workout as much to rule that out as a factor, which I reluctantly did. Attention: Working out is good and actually helps fertility as well as pregnancy a lot which is why so many women in class that have been trying to get pregnant join and do get knocked up. However, I workout 11.5 hours a week, which can put a lot of stress on your body. Being a healthy weight and body fat also affect fertility.
Help at Last
So...after the terrible weight gain and doctor visits that I would leave the office crying and still had no period. I switched over to the Sports Medicine Clinic in Carmel Valley and found a doctor that I love. Dr. Rebecca Rodriques- she spend over an hour with me answering all of my questions and listening to my issues. She is amazing! I also love that she works with athletes!
I just starting taking hormones that would help me get my period back, which is why I was not able to teach this morning. It made me crazy and sick! I could hardly walk running into things, dizzy, and could not even function. I was really looking forward to seeing all of you at class this morning, since I have been gone.
Game Plan
I'm going to continue to eat foods that increase fertility like strawberries, avocado, leafy greens, maca powder, and more that I will talk about on the blog.
I'm losing the weight and back to workout out, but still going to stay at a healthy weight to increase fertility. Really...who wants to be at their heaviest weight ever when they get pregnant. Not me and if there is anyone out there and in my class struggling and teetering back and forth with getting those last 10# off... just do it...and start right now! 10# is a whole size difference! It makes a huge difference on your body, especially if it is 10# from your ideal/goal weight.
I'm going in for an ultrasound to make sure everything is okay and will not be taking any more of those crazy pills. I'm waiting to hear back from the doctor to switch my medicine. I think I should try acupuncture.
Pray
Sometimes patience can be a challenge, but I know that God has a plan for me and for our family. I would love your prayers and I will keep you updated on the baby making process.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jess,

    I still keep up on your blog and just read this old post and thought I'd share... My sister has a lot of rare female issues with her cycle, shape of her uterus and has previously had cervical cancer. She's been told by several doctors she'd have a very, very hard road with pregnancy. She's tried Clomid (spelling) and other treatments... But, it wasn't until she did acupuncture and chinese herbs that she got pregnant. She literally only saw her acupuncturist for 6 months before they conceived (And they'd been trying for several years before that). My neighbor is an acupuncturist and says she's helped many women to conceive. If you would like her information or my other acupuncturist's info that I've been to before please let me know.

    619-818-8984
    Sarah

    PS, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete