Don't forget to rinse your quinoa before cooking it to avoid a bitter taste.
Toasting the quinoa before you cook it will bring out more flavor.
I loved that quinoa salad that I had on the north shore, so of course I tried to make it myself. My recipes never turn now the same, but still delicious and healthy none the less.
- I cooked 1/2 and onion chopped w/ 1 tsp olive oil until translucent
- added in 1 cup quinoa and toasted for 5 minutes
- Added in 2 cups chicken broth, garlic, lemon zest, and zucchini and cooked covered for 20-30 minutes.
- I then added in spinach, lemon juice, sea salt, and pepper.
- I made this as a side for dinner at my parents house.
The next day I added in low sodium tamari, tempeh, asparagus, peppers, and more spinach to make a delicious stir fry.
This was a perfect lunch to pack for the beach and for the plane ride home. I love complete meals like these that have lots of veggies, protein, and complex carbs for lasting energy.