Monday, November 8, 2010

Crockpot Chili

 Such an easy recipe and perfect for this rainy weather we had this morning.
One of the reasons I love cooking is to just be able to throw stuff together without measuring.

I just browned the meat with onions and garlic in a skillet. I used Elk game meat (thanks April & Andy), which is a lean red meat and much leaner since it is wild.  I had to call my dad to tell him what I was making because Elk is what stopped me from eating red meat 17 years ago when my dad got an Elk and we had Elk everything. I was so sick of it.  

I added the meat, fire roasted tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, tons of chili powder, red pepper flakes, cayanne pepper, sea salt, and garlic powder to the crock pot.  Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8 hours.  It made the whole house smell really good.

I'm looking for some more crockpot recipes that are healthy and good for me and the girls in class.  
If you have any healthy, good crockpot recipes please share in the comments below.
Thanks :)
jess

No comments:

Post a Comment