So...I have been talking about bone broth in my recipes for a while now, but wanted to share with you some more of the benefits. I will post how to make it yourself later, but for now I will let you know where I like to buy mine at. I make all my soups with this and they turn out so much better or I drink it as a broth almost everyday.
"Hippocrates stated “Let your food be your medicine and let your medicine be your food.” Bone broth, as used throughout history, has been affectionately known as “Jewish penicillin.”
Bone broth is still made and ingested today by people around the globe. The Flavor Chef’s bone broth is cooked over a 24-hour period for maximum mineral extraction and infused with love.
This mineral rich liquid is made by simmering the bones of free range chicken, including the feet, traditional vegetables, as well as herbs, and a small amount of raw apple cider vinegar, all in Artesian well water to produce a delicious elixir."
A summary of The Benefits of Bone Broth are listed here:
1. Promotes healing: Bone broths have been used successfully in treating gastro-intestinal disorders, including hyperacidity, colitis, Crohn’s disease, and infant diarrhea.
2. Digestive aid: Aids in the digestibility of grains, beans, legumes, vegetables and meats and is hydrophilic in nature
3. Macro minerals: Contains highly absorbable forms of the calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, sulfur and fluoride as well as trace minerals
4. Gelatin and Collagen: rich in both; promoting bone and joint healing in addition to supporting digestion
5. Protein: adds easily digestible protein to your diet
6. Amino acids: Glycine, proline, hydroxyproline, and lysine are formed, which is important to detoxification and amino acid production in the body
7. Joint support: Glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate, and hyaluronic acid are produced and present for additional muscle and joint support
8. Immune system: Promotes the assimilation of vitamins and minerals and thus supports the immune system
9. Delicious and nutritious: use as soup, cooking liquid, sauce or as a tea.
10. Synergy: Finally by initially healing the GI tract, broth creates an Lienvironment for all of the nutrients being taken in, whether by food or supplementation, to increase their bio-availability to your body.
Please visit www.bonebroth.com for more information.
Information from theflavorchef.com