Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Good & Better Eggs

 It has been months since I've gotten eggs from the farmer's market, so I was so happy to be able to go last weekend. 
I instantly noticed a difference when I cooked the eggs and just wanted to show you guys a comparison between the two.

Both are organic free range eggs, but the top are from a smaller local farm that really cares for the chickens.
Below is still organic free range, but from large factory.  

I know it is a little hard to tell because the bottom picture has sea vegetables sprinkle all over it, but even with that I can still see the difference:

The Farmer's market ones had: 

1. Whiter egg whites
2. Harder shells (when cracked)
3. Bright yellow yokes
4. The yokes stayed together more- more upright
5. Tasted better

I'm so happy that I've finally been wanting to eat foods that I normally eat now.  Thank God!  I'm not fully back to my old eating habits yet, but at least I'm making progress.  These hormones are just the craziest thing! 


No comments:

Post a Comment