Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Best Ever - Made Better Pancakes



I made the best ever pancakes even better.  So...I always eat a hard boiled egg or two before having the pancake to get enough protein in. A MUST for sure to have protein and healthy fat in the morning for energy, adrenal glands, cravings, and to stay satisfied.

I did not put in the banana and added an EGG instead.

Two Reasons Why:
1. To add more protein & fat 
2. Better Digestion- If you have no digestive issues you probably don't have any problem digesting grains and fruit together, but if you do notice gas, bloating, constipation, etc might need to eat fruit 30 minutes prior to meal or 1 hour post meal.
WHY? Fruit gets digested so fast and if fruit is digested with a meal the sugars can get trapped in the gut longer and start to ferment, which is what causes digestive issues. I'm also a huge proponent for getting the most nutrients out of our foods and fruit is packed with such great vitamins and minerals I want to make sure my body digests them all properly. This is important if you are trying to lose weight and have more energy!

Chocolate Power Packed Pancakes

New Recipe:


  • 2 cups rolled oats
  • 2 cups water (or coconut milk to make it sweeter) 
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon Hemp Hearts (optional healthy add in) 
  • 1 tablespoon raw CACAO powder (optional healthy add in) 
  • sprinkle of cinnamon
  • dash of vanilla
Blend

  • Add in 80% Organic Dark Chocolate broken into chunks (I used Green & Blacks, but I'm waiting for my new Stevia sweetened chocolate to come :)
  • Cook in skillet with COCONUT OIL 
Enjoy! 

In another post I will say why I love the add ins. I also have some really good smoothie recipes I cant wait to share with you.

So I'm going back to edit this post cause my husband tried them yesterday and didn't like them.  If you like things sweeter, adding coconut milk instead of the water and leave out the raw cacoa powder (since it's bitter) will help as well.  You can also opt for a dark chocolate that is 70% instead of 80%.  



Jedi laughed for the first time Monday it was SO exciting!!!  Just when I think it cant get any better it does.
He is already 3 months now!


No comments:

Post a Comment