Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Homemade Chewy Granola Bars

http://heavenlyhomemakers.com/homemade-chewy-granola-bars-without-corn-syrup

Thank you heavenlyhomemaker.com for this amazing recipe.  My husband loves it.

The ingredients I used are coconut oil, honey, peanut butter (I tried sunflower butter, but it wasn't nearly as good), gluten free rolled oats, chocolate chips, and pumpkin seeds.

The first time I stirred the chocolate chips in right after I took it off the stove and it really melted the chocolate, the second time I let it cool a little before stirring in the chocolate chips that way they are chucks still.

Next time I will use more oats, less honey, add flaxseed & maca powder, and replace the chocolate chips with 85% dark chocolate bar instead.

I also recommend her idea of individually wrapping them up so they are portable and easy to take on the go.


No comments:

Post a Comment